Almost every girl has difficulty in saying “no” at some time and finds herself on a date having sexual contact when she doesn’t really want it.
There are lots of reasons why girls find it difficult to come out and say “no” firmly, the most common being that they don’t want to hurt the boy’s feeling, or they are afraid of being thought a prude.
Some girls worry that they’re not going along with what other girls appear to be doing. With all these pressures, it takes a brave girl to say “no”, but you must say it if that’s what you feel. If your boyfriend really cares for you, he’ll agree. On the other hand, you’ll lose a lot of self-respect if you say “yes’ when you really mean “no”.
Also, see: Free from a bad relationship
Ways to say no
If you’re really concerned about refusing sex, you can practice these replies:
- No, I hate being forced to do anything.
- No, I don’t feel ready for it.
- No, I’m really too scared.
- No, I don’t think I know you well enough yet.
- No, do you really want to have sex with someone who doesn’t want to?
- No, I want to have time just being friends. Then I can decide if I want to have sex with you.
- No, you are hassling me. I’ll know when I’m ready.
- No, I don’t feel I trust you enough yet.
- No, I believe I should wait until marriage.
- No, I only want to have sex as part of a long-term relationship.
- No, I don’t want to and if you make me that’s rape.
- No, not until we’ve discussed contraception.
- No, not until we know there are no risks at all.
- No, you are making me think that you’ll leave me if I don’t.
- No, you are making me feel really frightened of you
- No, you are giving the impression you don’t really care about me.
- No, you are moving too fast.
- No, you are acting like a person I don’t really want to know.
- No, are you ready to be a father?